It's totally possible—and incredibly fascinating—to spend days strolling through the nation's largest Landmark Historic District. But with so much here to see and do, your feet might have different plans. Check out some other ways to see Savannah in style.
Savannah offers a variety of Trolley Tours. One of the best ways to learn about the Downtown Historic District's history is to take one of the many Trolley Tours available. Most Trolley Tours offer the on/off pass, so you are able to explore the city on your own and get back on the trolley as you please!
Horse Drawn Carriage Tours
Taking a Horse Drawn Carriage Tour through Downtown Savannah can be both informative and romantic. Learn about the city as you are taken through the various squares and streets. Bring the whole family or just the two of you, and see Savannah at her very best!
River Street Streetcar
- Thursday-Saturday: Noon-8 p.m.
- Authentic 1930s Melbourne, 54-passenger streetcar updated with environmentally-friendly green technology
- Seven stops along Historic River Street between Montgomery Street and the Waving Girl Landing
- Fully ADA-Accessible
Savannah Belles Ferry
- Modern passenger-only ferries, reminiscent of vessels seen in the harbor a century ago
- Named for Savannah's "Belles"— strong women who shaped the city's history Connecting downtown with Hutchinson Island and the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
- Operating 7 days a week, from 7 a.m. to Midnight from the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center Landing (on Hutchinson Island adjacent to the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa) to City Hall Landing below City Hall adjacent to Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel
- Waving Girl Landing in Morrell Park adjacent to the Savannah Marriott Riverfront Hotel
- New 30-passenger shuttle vehicles
- 20 minutes or less wait between shuttles
- Serving 10 stops around the Historic District Connecting to municipal parking facilities, Visitor Centers, Streetcar and Ferry
- Operating 7 days a week, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Fully ADA-Accessible
The fare-free CAT Shuttle connects to most CAT routes serving Savannah and Chatham County GA. It offers convenient service from downtown hotels, inns and the Savannah Visitor Information Center to Savannah's historic sites, squares, River Street, Savannah Belles Ferry, houses of worship and many other attractions throughout the year. The fare-free CAT Shuttle is comfortable and climate-controlled for all-weather service and all vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
The DOT is a COMPLIMENTARY service of the Savannah Mobility Management System – a public-private partnership created to help visitors, residents and commuters get around downtown in an interlinked system designed to enhance the Savannah Experience while reducing traffic and parking congestion.
Find information all about the City's Visitor Day Pass, Disability Parking, Smart Cards, Metered Parking and Enforcement by looking through the City Parking Guide. City owned and operated garage locations and details are also available in the guide for your convenience.
Budget Car & Truck Rental
7070 Abercorn St., Savannah
Enterprise Rent A Car
11506-A Abercorn St, Savannah
Savannah Car Rentals
9393 Abercorn St, Savannah
Universal Resort Exchange
6 Mall Court, Suite 1 , Savannah
Savannah Hoppers Rentals/Shuttles
409 East Bay , Savannah
Tybee Turtle Transit LLC
6 White Oak Lane, Tybee Island
Savannah Designated Driver
703 Whitaker St, Savannah