The fourth event in The ELLA Foundations Lets Talk Mental Illness Community Discussion Series will explore the intersection of religion, faith and mental illness.
The event will feature a panel of local experts, including:
● Dorthie Cross, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology, Georgia Southern University
● Rev. David Messner, Unitarian Universalist Church of Savannah
● Sister Pat Brown, SSMN, LCSW, retired Director of Catholic Charities of South Georgia and former president of the Clinical Social Work Association of Savannah
● Rabbi Steven Henkin, Congregation Agudath Achim
● Imam Khuzaima, Islamic Center of Savannah
The ELLA Foundations founder and Executive Director Charity Lee will moderate the discussion. Information about local nonprofits, community agencies and other organizations dedicated to providing mental health support will be available on-site.