It's totally possible—and incredibly fascinating—to spend days strolling through the nation's largest Landmark Historic District. But with so much here to see and do, your feet might have different plans. Check out some other ways to see Savannah in style.
Even though Savannah is a historical city, there are plenty of places for people with low mobility and different abilities to visit. See some of the accessible locations in our destination.
Savannah is a Bronze Level Bicycle-Friendly Community as awarded by the League of American Bicyclists. Bike Walk Savannah is an organization that is working toward becoming an even more bike-friendly town, by advocating for the implementation of a Complete Streets Policy and providing bicycle programming in Savannah.
Chatham Area Transit (CAT)
CAT offers 16 fixed bus routes in Savannah and Chatham County. Fare for local one-way service is $1.50 and discounted weekly and monthly passes are available.
CAT Also offers the 100x Airport Express for daily service from the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport to the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center with stops at designated downtown hotels.
The DOT is a fare-free service to help visitors and residents get around downtown Savannah. Included in the system are shuttles serving 18 stops in the Historic District and the Savannah Belles Ferry. Use the free shuttle from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Mon.-Fri.; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays; and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on holidays (excludes Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Day.) For the most updated information, click here.
- Runs every 10 minutes
- Get on and off at any of 18 stops around the Historic District
- Connects to municipal parking facilities, visitor centers and ferry
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet Policy – Only service animals are permitted on the Express Shuttle
How can your guests use it?
- Leave vehicles at the hotel or public parking garages and use dot services to experience Savannah.
- Connections also available to the DOT Ferry Service providing access to Hutchinson Island without using a car.
- Service will be available for any rider at no cost during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Holidays: 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- This includes MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve
- There is no service on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day
Savannah Belles Ferry
- Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Service to Waving Girl Landing ends at 6:00 p.m.)
- Connects downtown with Hutchinson Island and the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
- Modern passenger-only ferries are reminiscent of vessels seen in the harbor a century ago.
- Named for Savannah’s Belles, strong women who shaped the city’s history.
- Pet Policy – Service animals, pets in carriers and non-aggressive dogs on leashes are permitted on the Ferries.
- Water ferry service may be interrupted without notice due to inclement weather and/or other river traffic.
For more information, visit www.connectonthedot.com or call 912-233-5767.
Savannah offers a variety of tours - including trolley, walking, horse-drawn carriages, segway tours and more. Find your perfect tour here.
Find everything you need to know about parking in Savannah here.
Falcon Charter Bus Atlanta
1280 Peachtree Street NE, Ste. 0101
Atlanta, GA 30309
National Charter Bus Atlanta
4651 Roswell Rd, D-303
Atlanta, GA 30342