Savannah is a Bronze Level Bicycle-Friendly Community as awarded by the League of American Bicyclists. The Savannah Bicycle Campaign is working toward becoming an even more bike-friendly town, by advocating for the implementation of a Complete Streets Policy and providing bicycle programming in Savannah.
Take advantage of the CAT Bike system. CAT Bike members can pick up a bike at any station and return it to the same station or any other station when they're done. Using their CAT cards, members can unlock a bike in seconds.
Chatham Area Transit (CAT)
CAT offers 15 fixed bus routes in Savannah and Chatham County. Fare for local one-way service is $1.50 and discounted weekly and monthly passes are available.
CAT Also offers the 100x Airport Express for daily service from the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport to the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center with stops at designated downtown hotels.
The DOT is a fare-free service to help visitors and residents get around downtown Savannah. Included in the system are shuttles serving 24 stops in the Historic District and the Savannah Belles Ferry.
- Runs every 10 minutes
- Get on and off at any of 24 stops around the Historic District
- Connects to municipal parking facilities, visitor centers and ferry
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet Policy – Only service animals are permitted on the Express Shuttle
View DOT Map
How can your guests use it?
- Leave vehicles at the hotel or public parking garages and use dot services to experience Savannah.
- Connections also available to the DOT Ferry Service providing access to Hutchinson Island without using a car.
- Service will be available for any rider at no cost during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Savannah Belles Ferry
- Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. (Service to Waving Girl Landing ends at 6:00 p.m.)
- Connects downtown with Hutchinson Island and the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
- Modern passenger-only ferries are reminiscent of vessels seen in the harbor a century ago.
- Named for Savannah’s Belles, strong women who shaped the city’s history.
- Pet Policy – Service animals, pets in carriers and non-aggressive dogs on leashes are permitted on the Ferries.
- Water ferry service may be interrupted without notice due to inclement weather and/or other river traffic.
For more information, visit www.connectonthedot.com or call 912-233-5767.
Savannah offers a variety of tours - including trolley, walking, horse-drawn carriages, segway tours more. Find your perfect tour here.
Find everything you need to know about parking in Savannah here.