Title: Communications Manager
Date: March 2022
Reports to: Director, Public Relations
Overview of Position:
This position is primarily responsible for the creation and distribution of all written public relations content for Visit Savannah and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, as well as all other associated brands. Along with the digital content team, this position provides communications support for all brands of the organization.
- Support Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee Island public relations efforts through positive buzz and exposure for the destinations.
- Create pitches to strategic writers for domestic and international travel, trade and meetings-focused publications.
- Develop the annual pitch calendar and ensure it aligns with overall integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Maintain journalist and media database in CRM and maintain top media outlet distribution list.
- Seek new opportunities to build relationships with existing or new contacts.
- Assist PR Director in the creation and execution of locally-hosted media events and individual destination visits.
- Recap and track journalist visits, ensuring overall information is updated in the CRM.
- Write and edit marketing and public relations copy for Visit Savannah, Visit Tybee, the Chamber, and the Savannah Sports Counsel, including but not limited to brochures, press releases, annual reports, business plans, and other publications.
- Plan and send quarterly “top of mind” deliveries to top media outlets.
- Establish and maintain media relationships and respond to media requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly public relations report and presentation for Visit Tybee Advisory Board.
- Prepare and send media kits per request to media representatives or potential visitors.
- Collect and archive coverage of destination in CRM and other necessary locations, as well as collect and archive accolades and media highlights in list format. Maintain destination accolades page at VisitSavannah.com and VisitTybee.com.
- Additional special projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- 2-5 years’ experience in journalism, public relations or marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, or communications/public relations
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrates an ability to build strong professional relationships
- Must have a strong writing background and knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task
- Experience integrating multimedia and online media strategies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Cision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Flexible working hours, to include some nights and weekends
- Some travel may be required
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic and international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Press release samples appreciated. No phone calls please.
Updated as of 3/21/2022