Title: Content Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Content Marketing
Overview of Position:
The Content Coordinator is primarily responsible for writing, editing and managing all content on VisitSavannah.com, VisitTybee.com and SavannahChamber.com; including sponsored content, leisure editorial and more. The Content Coordinator also creates all of the eNewsletters for Visit Savannah, Visit Tybee and Savannah Sports Council events.
- Write and edit all content on VisitSavannah.com, VisitTybee.com and SavannahChamber.com. This includes writing editorial content, creating landing pages, copyediting, image edits, layout updates and more.
- Creates and distributes leisure and sponsored monthly email newsletters for Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee brands to over 200,000 total subscribers. Maintain the look and brand voice for all newsletters.
- Establish and maintain brand voice and tone in all communications
- Edit website listings, events and deals submitted via member extranet to match brand standards
- Implement strong content delivery strategy utilizing dynamic tagging and personalization according to seasonality, user profile, online behavior, etc.
- Oversee digital event calendar. Monitor and approve all daily incoming Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee event requests through the CRM.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, marketing or similar field
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in content creation, journalism, email marketing, or website management
- Must have a strong writing background and knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic and international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Writing samples appreciated. No phone calls please.
Updated as of: 4/16/2021