Title: Marketing Manager
Date: March 2022
Reports to: Director, Paid Media & Data Intelligence
Overview of Position:
This position is primarily responsible for helping to develop and implement key advertising and marketing initiatives for Visit Savannah, Visit Savannah Meetings, Visit Tybee, the Savannah Sports Council and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce including media buying and placement, internal advertising program support and other marketing projects.
- Work with the Director, Paid Media & Data Intelligence to develop and implement robust media plans for Visit Savannah, Visit Savannah Meetings, Visit Tybee, the Savannah Sports Council and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Manage and maintain the media plan flow charts for each of the brands as well as cataloguing all campaign documents, creative work, etc. in print and digital format.
- Support media buying efforts including coordination of placement for various channels including, but not limited to, digital, print, outdoor and radio.
- In partnership with the Director, Paid Media & Data Intelligence, research vendors and trends to ensure that our media strategy, creative and execution is supporting overall marketing goals.
- Build tracking codes and pixels to allow for effective media attribution.
- Manage department invoicing process, ensuring an organized and timely schedule that keeps our marketing-related payments on schedule.
- Manage the deliverables calendar for the VisitSavannah.com and VisitTybee.com web advertising programs.
- Manage the native banner ad program and Google Ads Manager spreadsheet for the VisitSavannah.com and VisitTybee.com web advertising programs.
- Work in tandem with the organization’s agencies of record for media buying, advertising support, web support and more, as needed.
- Manage additional marketing, advertising and special projects, as assigned by the VP of Marketing & Communications.
- Assist and volunteer at industry, membership, sports and other events as needed.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- 2 - 5 years marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office/OneDrive applications, specifically Excel
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
- Media planning and buying experience a plus
- Experience with CM360 a plus
- Experience with Adara Impact Setup a plus
- Knowledge of media terms and confident oral and written presentation skills a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic and international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Updated as of: 3/22/2022