Title: Content & Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Content Marketing & V.P. of Marketing and Communications
Post Date: Friday, January 14, 2022
Overview of Position:
This position is primarily responsible for creating compelling, creative social content for Visit Savannah and deploying a social media strategy as directed by the Director of Content Marketing and Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
- Develops, writes and schedules content for all brand social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest platforms.
- Builds, maintains and nurtures strong social media communities through community management and engagement.
- Works closely with the content team and video contractor(s) to strategize emerging content ideas as well as sponsored content pieces and schedules with Chamber members.
- Manages content creator partnerships and collaborations. This includes overseeing and delegating contract deliverables, analyzing performance metrics, as well as identifying up-and-coming content creators for future projects & relationships.
- Leads podcast program development, including coordinating with guests, hosting, directing and managing episode distribution across platforms.
- Sources and secures approval of appropriate user-generated content for use in social channels that align with Visit Savannah’s brand standards.
- Compiles and reports on social media performance on a regular basis. Provides insights on metrics as well as strategize on objectives that align with Visit Savannah’s goals.
- Comfortability in front of the camera, as this position has the high probability of appearing as talent on an as-needed basis for voiceover and video work.
- Periodically write editorial content for VisitSavannah.com and VisitTybee.com, as delegated by the Director of Content Marketing
- Stay ahead of the curve by learning and exploring emerging tools, strategies and techniques to excel Visit Savannah’s social media content strategy
- Understands Visit Savannah’s goals and develops solutions to meet those needs.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday in the Savannah office. Position requires time out of office attending events and gathering content for the Savannah & Tybee communities, including some weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in social media, marketing, or something similar
- Experience working in social scheduling platforms like Facebook Creator Studio, Hootsuite, Podbean and other similar tools.
- The ability to identify, manage and leverage several brand voices, aesthetics and best practices across social media platforms
- Familiar with photography and videography editing software like Adobe products, Splice, Canva, iMovie, etc.
- Proficient in time management and organization
- Strong language and writing skills preferred, knowledge of AP style guidelines is a plus
- Comfortable public speaking and performing on camera
- Must be able to articulate and implement ideas and creative projects
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic and international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Writing and social media samples appreciated. No phone calls please.
Updated as of 1/14/2022