Getting Here & Around
Bring your convention group to a city that is as convenient as it is charming. Explore the ease of accessibility for getting to and around your meeting in Savannah, GA.
Whether your attendees will be driving, flying or riding the rails into Savannah, getting here is a cinch.
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Daily flights to 35+ non-stop destinations
- Airlines include Breeze Airways, Delta, United, American, JetBlue, Allegiant, Silver, Southwest, Frontier, Sun Country and Air Canada
- Located just 20 minutes from Savannah’s Historic Landmark District
"10 Best Domestic Airports" - Travel & Leisure, July 2022
Savannah is easily accessible from all points along the east coast via Interstate 95 or from the west by Interstate 16. Get driving directions on Google Maps.
Need to park your car? No problem. Learn more about the host of parking options offered in Savannah here.
By Train or Bus
Amtrak rolls through Savannah on its Palmetto and Silver Service lines, and we’re also a hub for Greyhound Bus Lines.
Attendees can get around and see Savannah in style.
Even though Savannah is a historical city, there are plenty of places people with low mobility and different abilities can visit. See some of the accessible locations in our destination.
Savannah Belles Water Ferry
Attendees can get to and from their meeting via the Savannah Belles Ferry boat service — which also doubles as a popular destination experience in and of itself.
- Connects downtown with Hutchinson Island and the Savannah Convention Center
- Boats can take large groups across the river in just three minutes
- Available to all Savannah visitors free of charge and runs every 20 minutes
Walkability Around a World-Class Destination
Savannah is an extremely walkable city that is perfect for strolling with walkability to 300+ shops, restaurants and attractions in the Historic District.
Chatham Area Transit (CAT)
CAT offers 16 fixed bus routes in Savannah and Chatham County, plus the 100x Airport Express for daily service from the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport to the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center with stops at designated downtown hotels.
The DOT is a fare-free transportation service to help visitors and residents get around downtown Savannah. Leave vehicles at the hotel or public parking garages and use DOT services to experience Savannah.
- Runs every 10 minutes
- Get on and off at any of the 18 stops around the Historic District
- Connections available to the DOT Ferry Service providing access to Hutchinson Island, municipal parking facilities and visitor centers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet Policy – Only service animals are permitted on the Express Shuttle
For more information, visit connectonthedot.com or call 912-233-5767.
Getting around the city by bike allows your group to cover a lot of ground and see a lot of Savannah.
- Savannah is a Bronze Level Bicycle-Friendly Community as awarded by the League of American Bicyclists
- Bike Walk Savannah is an organization that is working toward becoming an even more bike-friendly town
Savannah offers a variety of tours and unique ways to get around - including trolleys, walking, horse-drawn carriages, Segway tours and more.
Learn more and grab ideas for how your group can get around with these transportation-focused editorials:
Attendees can download our helpful city maps to make their way around downtown Savannah, the greater Savannah area and Tybee Island.
Quickly and easily move attendees between conference hotels and the Savannah Convention Center or the Savannah Civic Center.
11 - 20 of 24 Results
Filter & Sort Results
Welcome to EDWARD the highest rated car service in the Golden Isles....Learn More
Old Savannah Tours Group Services
Price 4 Limo & Charter Bus is the premier ground transportation company in Savannah, Georgia, with a selection of vehicles, including limousines, party buses,...Learn More
Chatham Area Transit Authority
With roots dating back to Savannah’s first electric streetcars in the late-19th century, Chatham Area Transit has a long history of helping residents and visitors...Learn More
Tybee Beach Bus / Stow My Bags
Reliable Shuttle Co
Pre-arranged shuttle service from and to SAV airport.Learn More
Sheltair Aviation Services
When Jerry Holland began his South Florida construction company in 1963, he infused his personalized, humble touch into the business. His reputation for doing...Learn More
First Group America
Unforgettable Meetings Begin Here
Contact the Visit Savannah's Meetings & Conventions team and take your first step toward a successful meeting.Submit a Meetings RFP