The Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run will take place this Saturday, December 1, resulting in road closures. More than 5,000 people will participate in this annual race event.
Roads will be closed starting at 4 a.m., with the majority of the 5K route reopening by 11 a.m. The route will temporarily close lanes on US Hwy 17 going north and south bound. There will still be lanes open for travel during this time. The Savannah-Chatham Metro Police Department will assist with the event, allowing cars to safely cross the course at major intersections. Click here for more information on the routes.
The following roads will be closed beginning at 4 a.m.:
• Montgomery Street (whole road) closed from Liberty Street to Oglethrope Ave until 11:30 a.m.
• Montgomery Street (whole road) closed from Oglethrope Ave to Broughton Street until 12:30 p.m.
• Montgomery Street (whole road) closed from Broughton to Bay Street until 1 p.m.
The following roads will be closed beginning at 7:30 a.m.:
• Oglethrope Ave (whole road) closed from W Boundry Street to Jefferson Street until 11:30 a.m.
• Oglethrope exit ramp (whole roads) closed from exit ramp off US Hwy 17 S to Boundry Street until 11 a.m.
• US Hwy 17 S right lane / shoulder closed from Sav Harbor Pkwy entrance ramp to Oglethrope Exit Ramp until 11 a.m.
The following roads will be closed beginning at 8:40 a.m.:
• Oglethrope Ave (whole road) closed from Drayton Street to Jefferson Street until 9:45 a.m.
• Liberty Street (West bound) closed from Montgomery Street to Bull Street until 9:15 a.m.
• State Street (whole road) closed from Bull Street to Jefferson Street until 9:30 a.m.
• Bull Street (whole road) closed from Liberty Street to State Street until 9:30 a.m.
• Jefferson Street (whole road) closed from State Street to York Street until 9:40 a.m.
• York Street (whole road) closed from Jefferson Street to Whitaker Street until 9:40 a.m.
• US Hwy 17 N entrance ramp (whole road) closed from Boundry Street to US Hwy 17 N Ramp until 10:15 a.m.
• US Hwy 17 N (right lane/shoulder) closed from Oglethrope entrance ramp to Wayne Shackleford exit ramp until 10:15 p.m.
The race weekend will begin with a Health and Wellness Expo at the Savannah Civic Center from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Friday, November 30. On Saturday, December 1, the 5K and Double Pump races start at 8 a.m. and the 10K race starts at 9 a.m. with the post-race party to be held in Franklin Square. Click here to register for the race.
For more information, contact Jonathan Sykes at 912-644-6452 or [email protected]. Visit SavannahBridgeRun.com for further event details. For media information or media assistance at the event, please contact Summer Bozeman at 912-644-6429 or [email protected].
# # #
Visit Savannah serves as the official destination marketing organization for the Savannah area tourism industry and is committed to driving economic prosperity in the greater Savannah community through increased overall visitation and related spending while continuing to build upon Savannah’s image as a world-class destination.