SAVANNAH, Ga.– The annual Georgia Power Sports Awards Luncheon, a fundraiser banquet honoring local athletes and partners that have excelled at their given sport or business, will take place Thursday, September 28 at Hyatt Regency Savannah, with networking at 11:30 a.m., and the luncheon following at noon.
“These awards honor and recognize individuals and teams who have excelled both on and off the field in our community,” said Jonathan Sykes, event manager of the Savannah Sports Council. “Thank you to our partners and sponsors, whose support has made it possible for us to recognize these achievements in sports, which have helped keep Savannah in the spotlight.”
The program will include a “Top Moments in Sports” video and the award presentations, featuring the John F. Hodges O.A.S.I.S. award presented by Savannah Morning News, given to an individual who has shown outstanding achievement in sports in Savannah. This year’s award recipients include:
The John F. Hodges O.A.S.I.S Award
- Joe Shearouse
Event of the Year
- YMCA National Gymnastics Championships
Award of Excellence
- Armstrong State University
- SCAD Athletics – Women’s Lacrosse
- SCAD Athletics- Equestrian
- Savannah Christian - Baseball
- Beach High School - Girl’s Basketball
- Calvary Day School- Volleyball
- St. Vincent’s Academy - Volleyball
- St. Vincent’s Academy - Girl’s Soccer
- Benedictine Military School – Football
- Benedictine Military School – Boy’s Soccer
- Forest City Gun Club Junior Shooting Team
For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jonathan Sykes, event manager for the Savannah Sports Council, at 912.644.6452 or [email protected]om.
# # #
Visit Savannah serves as the official destination marketing organization for the Savannah area tourism industry and is committed to driving economic prosperity in the greater Savannah community through increased overall visitation and related spending while continuing to build upon Savannah’s image as a world-class destination.