The Ultimate Guide to the Savannah Food & Wine Festival
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is the city’s most celebrated culinary week with food and drink festivities taking place throughout the Historic District and more. Whether you’re a novice wine drinker or the well-traveled epicurean/connoisseur, you’ll find something to please your palate and budget. And, best of all, the festival events are widely known for being some of the most fun food and wine events in the country – all with Savannah’s Southern charm, beauty, history as the backdrop!
This year's festival is November 5-11, and we've got the ultimate guide to all of the festival's happenings.
Monday, November 5
It’s the first day of the Savannah Food & Wine Festival! To celebrate, many of Savannah’s bars and restaurants are offering happy hour specials. This is your chance to get settled, grab a cocktail and plan which festival events you plan to attend.
Tuesday, November 6
Join professional chefs and master sommeliers and learn how to cook like a pro at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival’s master classes. This Master Class Series will bring in different experts each day to host cooking demos and wine tastings.
• “France Explored: Alsatian Collaborations”, Chef Jean Vendeville, Culinary Institute of Savannah (12 to 1:15 p.m.)
• “Varietal Wines of Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars”, Stag’s Leap Brand Ambassador (2 to 3:15 p.m.)
• “Best of The Cow aka: STEAKS”, Master Butcher, Michael Sullivan, American Cured (4 to 5:15 p.m.)
Savannah’s newest luxury, riverfront hotel, The Alida Hotel, is the host location for this rooftop event. Enjoy premier whisky tastings in a Glencairn souvenir whisky glass and gourmet bites by chefs from Savannah and beyond.
Wednesday, November 7
• "A Taste of Atlantic Canada with the Kilted Chef", The Kilted Chef, Chef Alain Bosse, Atlantic, Canada Culinary Ambassador (10 to 11:15 a.m.)
• “Lucky Sips: Casa Herradura”, Graham Long, Brand Champion (12 to 1:15 p.m.)
• “Chardonnay, Riesling and Syrah: The Best Blind Dates You Never Knew You Needed”, Jason Restivo, Sommelier/Owner, Atlantic Neighborhood Eatery (2 to 3:15 p.m.)
• “Holiday Meals Made Over: New Life for Your Leftovers!”, Chef Darin Sehnert, Owner, Chef Darin’s Kitchen Table (4 to 5:15 p.m.)
Get up close and personal with some of the true experts in the culinary and beverage world at this exclusive event. Hosted at the new Perry Lane Hotel, elebrated local and national chefs will take you on a truly exquisite dinging adventure where you will enjoy six courses served with six wine pairings. Perfectly curated with every flavor in mind, this event is a must attend for foodies and wine lovers alike.
Thursday, November 8
Master Classes at Chef Darin’s Kitchen Table:
• “Ringing in Culinary Success”, Chef Vishwesh Bhatt, Snackbar, Oxford, MS (10 to 11:15 a.m.)
• “Santa Margherita USA Presents Italy”, Santa Margherita Brand Ambassador (12 to 1:15 p.m.)
• “Sterling Platinum Experience”, Harry Hansen, Director of Winemaking, Sterling Vineyards (2 to 3:15 p.m.)
• “North-to-South Exploration of American Coastal Pinot Noir”, Mollie Battenhouse, Master of Wine, National Director of Wine Education, Jackson Family Wines (4 to 5 p.m.)
Showcasing a masterful collection of premium wines, the Grand Reserve Tasting is an all-inclusive, walk around wine tasting event where wine lovers have an elite opportunity to sample premium and super-premium wines from around the world. Hosted at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, this premier festival wine tasting event will have wines priced at an average retail price of $50 or more per bottle.
The ultimate prohibition celebration takes place at this event. Patrons step back to the 1920’s for an evening of swanky speakeasy eats and artisanal drinks with small-plate tastings and live music. The event takes place at the "secret" location inside the historic Georgia State Railroad Museum. Dress the part and sip your way through Savannah’s best hand-crafted cocktails while you dine and dance.
Friday, November 9
• “Jump Right In: Kitchen Know How”, Cynthia Graubart, Chef/Author (10 to 11:15 a.m.)
• “Four Roses: Through the Whiskey Glass”, Four Roses Brand Ambassadors: Byron Banks, Randall Roberts and Allison Firth (12 to 1:15 p.m.)
• “Bounties of the Season”, Chef Brandon Carter, FARM, Bluffton, SC (2 to 3:15 p.m.)
• “Coffee 101”, The Cocktail Bandits, Taneka Reaves & Johnny Caldwell (4 to 5:15 p.m.)
• “One Hot Egg: Big Green Egg Demo with One Hot Mama”, Chef Orchid Paulmeier, One Hot Mama’s, Hilton Head Island, SC (2 to 3:15 p.m.)
• “Let’s Get Cooked: Big Green Egg Demo”, Chef Bob Cook, Edmund’s Oast, Charleston, SC (4 to 5:15 p.m.)
Hosted by Virginia Willis, celebrity guest chef and cookbook author, the Luncheon Cruise with Savannah Riverboat Cruises will feature an interactive cooking demonstration on board as the riverboat cruises down the Savannah River. Virginia will be creating her "Mexican Chocolate Pudding with Bourbon Cream".
Head to Rousakis Plaza on River Street, where our stroll takes over the half-mile long plaza for one epic cocktail event. Join us for a front row seat to maritime views and hundreds of specialty curated libations with samplings of everything from hand-crafted cocktails to wines, spirits and craft beers from around the world.
Hosted at the Georgia State Railroad Museum, this special event brings together the country’s best award-winning chefs and Pitmasters, each with unique regional tastes of barbeque from southern sauce to dry rubs, combined with craft beers, spirits and other favorites
Saturday, November 10
An outdoor event at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. A great way to get the day started off right with a fantastic array of beverages including fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees and teas, champagne, a variety of vodka libations including Mimosas, Screw Drivers and Bloody Mary’s. Delicious buffet offerings will include chicken biscuits, waffles, burritos, crepes, pancakes, French toast, quiches and more!
The VIP lounge at the Georgia State Railroad Museum will be serving a variety of beverages during the event. Enjoy the comfort of our lounge area for sitting, sipping and savoring a vast array of beverages.
This marquee event is held at the historic Georgia State Railroad Museum. As you take in a piece of history, explore the grounds and indulge in wine, artisanal food, beer and spirits from hundreds of our purveyors.
This five course dinner hosted at PACCI Italian Kitchen + Bar is a delicious opportunity to taste exceptional flavors steeped in tradition and thoughtfully curated ingredients. Tickets include a multi-course dinner by chefs and drink collaborations throughout the meal.
Sunday, November 11
Hop onboard Savannah Riverboat Cruises' Georgia Queen for a brunch to remember! Experience innovative dishes that are boldly flavored with a bountiful brunch of classic breakfast favorites as well as chef-selected specialties, accompanied by free-flowing mimosas and jazz band.
Presented by The Alida Hotel and South Magazine, this new event is a chance to literally pig-out at this smokin’ whole hog BBQ showcase, from two of the south’s most legendary Pitmasters, Pat Martin and Sam Jones. East + West BBQ is a collaboration – not a competition, with each Pitmaster preparing a whole hog their style along with a variety of their signature sides from Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint and Sam Jones Wood Fired, NC Whole Hog BBQ.