Visit Savannah Sales and Service Coordinator
Position Title: Sales and Service Coordinator
Division: Sales and Destination Services
Reports To: Senior Vice President
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist both sales managers and the destination services manager with all administrative and service functions. Organizing, coordinating and direct operations, programs and personnel required for servicing meetings, conventions/trade shows, reunions, large sporting events, customer visits and FAM trips. Develops a business relationship with meeting, event and group tour planners and works to determine servicing requirements and other support needed by the organization and attendees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to assigned sales team members and support the Destination Services Manager.
- Prepares leads and bid presentations for national sales managers.
- Coordinates tradeshow set up as well as shipment of materials.
- Provides input into sales and service strategies that would improve departmental productivity.
- Master the Simpleview customer relationship management system, its interface with empowerMINT, and produce all reports required for accurate month-end reporting.
- Master the PassKey housing system.
- Establishes contact with convention, meeting and sports planners who are scheduled to bring groups into the area and to offer them bureau services.
- Organizes and conducts site visits of off-site facilities for meeting planners booked through Visit Savannah. May also conduct site visits on behalf of sales staff with planners still considering bids (site inspection includes setting the itinerary with participating venues, facilities and/or hotels).
- Conducts the business of the pre-con meeting concerning ground transportation service, Water Ferry Service, Savannah Hosts, weather conditions, hotel room pick-up and any issues relating to the group.
- Arranges production and installation of welcome banner call-outs for qualifying groups. The welcome banner call-outs will include the group’s acronym and under certain circumstances the group logo.
- Attend all internal and external meetings as required.
- Maintains a well-informed working knowledge of all hotels, attractions and services, both public and private, available in the area
- Assists the destination services manager by providing meeting planners with local intelligence and assistance planning off-site events, spousal programs, children’s activities, transportation needs, registration and staffing needs, and information about Savannah.
- Organizes and attends pre- and post-event meetings with client planner, hotelier’s convention service staff, transportation partners, and the convention center.
- Provides service to small groups such as small corporate or association board meetings, military reunions and family reunions.
- Maintains professional attire, image and demeanor always.
- Complies with all Visit Savannah policies and procedures.
- Must be able to prioritize, work on multiple projects at one time and meet due dates.
- Must be comfortable working with multiple supervisors at one time with varying management styles and maintain effective communications to complete projects and assigned tasks.
- Maintains frequent and positive communication with the Savannah hospitality community.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills for day-to- day interaction with clients, co-workers, and management.
- Provide Chamber members with relevant and accurate information that enables them to properly evaluate and correctly bid for business opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with and act as liaison between meeting planners and the hospitality community.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as industry account management software, the Internet and general office equipment.
Maintains accurate and uniform documentation of all sales files.
Responds in a timely manner to all inquiries for future business and encourage future convention business from community contacts.
- Assists meeting planners with referrals to destination service manager or other Chamber member service providers.
- Fulfills brochure requests for local visitors as well as meeting planners.
- Maintains a cohesive working relationship with all other personnel to successfully accomplish Visit Savannah and Savannah Chamber of Commerce goals.
- Participates in ongoing high-quality improvement/client satisfaction efforts.
- Demonstrates high standards in service through all interactions with customers and clients.
- Handles additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university or
- Minimum of 1 year administrative or sale experience in a hotel or hospitality organization.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Participates in training opportunities for both professional and personal development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as industry account management software and the Internet.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to drive/transport self and others.
- Ability to travel via airplane.
- Regular attendance and prompt daily reporting required.
- Makes sound judgments quickly.
- Can work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress toward deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide meaningful feedback.
- Able to work effectively with differing personalities within the office and the community.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The education/experience, language skills, mathematical skills, reasoning ability and physical demands required for this position are representative. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office: 90-95%, Outside office: 5-10%, Travel: <5%. Evening/weekend/overtime: As required.
Send resumes to: [email protected]. No phone calls please.