Visit Tybee Social Media Coordinator
Title: Visit Tybee Social Media Coordinator
Date: February 2020
Schedule: Monday – Friday in the office; weekends, as needed
Overview of Position:
This position is primarily responsible for creating social content for Visit Tybee, The Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, Visit Savannah Meetings & Conventions and Savannah Sports Council and deploying a social media strategy as directed by the Content & Social Media Manager and Digital Marketing Manager.
- Develops and deploys a social media strategy that aligns with business goals and objectives.
- Develops, writes and schedules editorial content for all of the above listed social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube across all appropriate brands.
- Builds, maintains and nurtures strong social media communities through community management and engagement.
- Sources and secures approval of user-generated content for use in social channels for Visit Tybee.
- Compile and report on social media monthly performance.
- Position requires time out of office attending events and gathering content for the Savannah & Tybee communities, including Savannah Sports Council and Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce sponsored events.
- Understands Visit Tybee’s business objectives and develops solutions to meet those needs.
- Coordinate and assist the Visit Savannah Video Production Coordinator to gather and shoot content for social channels.
- Maintain a social media calendar to track content and anticipate any upcoming local event coverage.
- Periodically writing editorial content for brand websites.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday in the Tybee office, with meeting attendance at Visit Savannah as needed. Occasional weekend social media coverage may be needed.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Visit Tybee and Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce brands.
- Strong understanding of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube) and social trends like Instagram Stories, IGTV and Facebook Live.
- Strong language and writing skills preferred
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
Send resumes to: Lauren Cleland, [email protected]. No phone calls please.